A Framework for the financial Services industry
The Banking Industry Architecture Network (BIAN) is a global, not-for profit association of banks, solution providers, consultancy companies, integrators and academic partners with the shared aim of defining a semantic standard for the banking industry covering almost all the well-known architectural layers.
The BIAN was formed in 2008 by a group of banks and solution providers with the shared aim of defining a semantic Service Operation standard for the financial services industry.
BIAN model is based on a service-oriented architecture that defines standard business capabilities and supporting APIs for a broad and granular scope of banking activities. The model includes more than 1,800 unique business components and 900 business capabilities. BIAN provides an open source library of downloadable swaggers to jump start a Business Driven API strategy.
BIAN Foundation Certification demonstrates the delegate’s knowledge about the BIAN Banking Architecture Foundation Standard.
There is complete coverage of all the Learning outcomes examined for BIAN Foundation certification:
- Introduction to BIAN
- BIAN’s primary purpose and approach
- Understanding the theory of BIAN
- The BIAN service landscape
- How to apply the BIAN standard
- Assembling a representative enterprise blueprint for a bank
- An enterprise blueprint is a framework for analysis
- BIAN and TOGAF’s ADM phase
The Exam is a multiple choice of 60 questions to answer in 60 minutes, closed book and has a pass mark of 70%.
Who Should Take This Course?
- Enterprise architects
- Solution architects,
- Consultants and advisors in the banking- and financial services industry.
- Tooling and software solution providers
- Integrators and 3th party service providers that operate in the financial services industry
This course is aimed at people who already have some experience or knowledge of Enterprise Architecture, such as TOGAF® or a similar certification.
This certification qualifies professionals and demonstrates their knowledge of BIAN
It is necessary for professionals to have this basic knowledge in order to model a financial institute to the BIAN standard
It qualifies professionals in the financial services industry to demonstrate that they have a proper understanding of the standards in architecture required for financial organizations.